Best Cast Iron Woks
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok
- Large handles and flat base for easier handling
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Pre-seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Use to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill
- Use in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over a campfire
- Great for induction cooktops
- 5.5 QT CAPACITY: The Cast Iron Cooking Wok has 5.5 quart capacity w/ wide diameter for large meals. Used in various Chinese cooking techniques like stir frying, steaming, pan frying, deep frying, poaching, boiling, braising, searing, stewing & more
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Spatula and Heat proof silicone grip is included to ensure a complete satisfaction and safety while cooking your favorite dish.
- WOODEN LID COVER: Includes a wooden lid & silicone oven grab mitt. The cast iron chinese wok effectively distributes & retains heat for even cooking. It is heat-safe at high temperatures up to 480°F.
- INDUCTION READY: This cast iron wok with lid are compatible w/ all heating methods. Works on gas, induction, glass ceramic & electric stove top. It is stain-resistant & easy to clean. Enjoy traditional chinese wok cooking style with the whole family
- BEST GIFT: A great gift for all occasions like Christnmas, Birthdays, Weddings and more ...
- ANCIENT CRAFTMANSHIP - Wangyuanji Cast Iron Wok has manufactured for almost 400 years by Chinese. Every Cast Iron Wok is made through 37 different handcrafting processes to its perfection. Each handcrafted Cast Iron Wok has its unique texture forming from its clay casting mould and pinewood smoking ash. Echo to its beautiful name of "turtle shell texture", a well-maintained wok can last decades and become a symbol of family gathering and prosperity.
- HEALTHY COOKING - Wangyuanji Cast Iron Wok is made of high grade pure iron. Season the wok before use! A well-seasoned cast iron wok provides a safe, healthy, non-stick and chemical-free cooking surface for your family.
- HEAT RETENSION AND EVEN COOKING - Wangyuanji Cast Iron Wok has exceptional heat retention capability for even cooking. Even heating leads to faster food preparation, lock tastes and juices inside food and avoid loss of nutrient.
- MULTIPLE COOK TOP AND VERSATILE COOKING- Wangyuanji Cast Iron Wok can be used on all cook top: gas, electric, induction, oven, broiler, grill and even the camp, a campfire, or the fire pit. Enjoy cooking all types of meals, from roasted vegetables, stir fry, seafood, and more.
- USE AND CARE - Cast iron wok is NOT dishwasher and oven safe! Avoid placing hot cast iron into cold water. Wash cast iron wok by hand with warm water, and dry with paper towel. Use with care, cast iron wok can last long time of use.
- PRE SEASONED - Cast iron has superior heat retention for even cooking, restaurant quality searing and comes pre-seasoned, non-stick cooking surface when used with a thin layer of oil. It's also ridiculously strong and rugged
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Large handles and curved base for easier handling. Unparalleled heat retention and even heating. Use to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill. Use in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over a campfire. Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- EASY TO USE - Curved wide base for even heat retention, tested and built for stability. Use with confidence on all cooking surfaces. Jim Beam cast iron wok has greater retention and distribution of heat.
- CAST IRON COOKING BENEFITS - cooking with cast iron skillets proves to beneficial to you, both health wise as well as to your kitchen, This skillet would last you years to come If used properly. All Jim Beam BBQ tools are made of the highest quality, and the line boasts a variety of items, all catering to your BBQ and kitchen needs
- 9 INCH CAST IRON MINI WOK W/ LOOP HANDLES. This mini server is seasoned and ready to use. For exotic cuisines or home spun favorites, the Lodge Cast Iron Mini Wok retains heat well, making short work of any dish
- PRE-SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge provides pre-seasoned cookware with no synthetic chemicals; just soy based vegetable oil. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning becomes
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. This dynamic skillet can be used for both hot and cold presentations and has superior heat retention from the oven to the table
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America
- Round Bottom Heavy 14 Inch 15 gauge (1.8mm) carbon steel wok, commercial grade. Original design by Craft Wok since 2014, proven quality over the years. Traditional chinese wok pan with round bottom.
- Not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove. Carbon steel wok may rust. Do not forget to season it before use! Instructions for easy seasoning are included with the wok. Our customer service is ready to guide through the process whenever you need it.
- Hand hammered by Chinese professionals in Guangzhou. This wok is the proven choice of many professional Chinese chefs. Wok weight: 4.6 pounds (2.1 kg). Heavy and sturdy.
- Steel helper handle will not burn when you stir fry over high heat, also helpful for hanging the wok for storage. Wooden handle has special hygroscopic not slippery surface for tight grip when you stir-fry.
- Craft Wok - Love Wok! We are a team of professionals drawn together by our passion for the carbon steel wok. Our mission is to bring you as much pleasure from Stir-frying in a wok, as chefs get in restaurants across China. To do this, we have found the best manufacturers in China. Our range of branded products is 100% authentic traditional carbon steel woks, 7 years on market.
- Sturdy base keeps the wok steady on the stovetop
- Pre-seasoned and ready for immediate use
- Can be used on any stovetop: electric, gas, induction; can also be used in the oven
- Large loop handles for easy handling
- Hand wash only
- COOK AUTHENTIC ASIAN FOOD - A cast iron wok with handle is the best utensil to cook with for authentic Asian food as this is the utensil traditionally used. So not only do you get the superior taste from a pre-seasoned wok, but you also get the correct feel while making the food.
- BETTER THAN STAINLESS STEEL - A cast iron wok is used to cook authentic Asian food due to its ability to withstand direct heat and distribute it evenly. It is more affordable compared to stainless steel or even enameled cast iron, and will last forever due to its durable nature.
- NON STICK & RUSTPROOF - This cast iron camping wok is pre-seasoned with vegetable oil as this prevents the iron from rusting as well as gives the wok a non-stick surface. This way you don’t have to season the wok yourself and can directly use it as you receive it.
- FLAT BASE FOR EASY COOKING - While traditionally, cast iron deep woks come with a rounded base, this one comes with a flat base so that you can easily set it on top of your stove and have a sturdy base for cooking. This diminishes the chances of the wok accidentally falling and spilling its contents everywhere.
- COMES WITH A WOODEN LID - This stir-fry cast iron wok comes with a wooden lid to allow you to cook, simmer, fry, stir-fry, or even steam many dishes as well as soups and stews. The wooden lid is made to fit perfectly on the wok and prevents spatter on the kitchen counter.
- PRE-SEASONED: Pre-seasoned cast iron creates a non-stick surface so you can get grilling right away and provides an easy cleanup! For best results over time, continue to season with vegetable oil.
- VERSATILITY COOKING: 10-inch cast-iron cooking surface retains heat and seals in moisture and flavor. Enjoy cooking all types of meals, from roasted vegetables, stir fry, seafood, and more!
- COOK IN DELICIOUS JUICES: The shape of the wok allows you to keep cooking in the sauces and juices, creating an overall savory experience with every bite.
- DURABLE CAST IRON: The wok is made of durable cast iron allowing for long lasting use.
- Chinese wok, made in China. Our woks have been through 12 processes, 36,000 times of hand-hammering. It shines like a mirror. You can see all the hammer prints but hardly feel them. Mirror surface allows ingredients to slide smoothly inside the wok.
- This woks have no coating nor painting. You don't have to worry about the nonstick coating falling off, Iron is reactive, and it will form a protective layer of iron oxide. The longer it is used, the more nonstick it is.
- Flat bottom, both induction and gas stove suitable. It is an iron wok that can be passed on for generations. It has nothing but iron.
- It has been pre-seasoned and you only need to wash it when you receive it. Iron gets rusted in water, so please dry it after use. Wipe a layer of oil over the cooking surface if you do not want to use it for a while. Dishwasher not safe.
- It is nonstick because iron is reactive and will form a protective layer of iron oxide during use. It's color will change during use when forming the protection layer until it becomes black. Please do not compare to your nonstick wok, it is recommended to use big fire high heat to preheat the wok before adding oil and ingredients. It conducts heat faster than coated nonstick woks so that it can lock the juice and nutrition inside the food.
- CAST IRON - Conveniently pre-seasoned, and constructed from sturdy and durable cast iron, this wok will survive tough wear and tear and last for many years to come!
- MULTI-USE - This handy pan can be used in the oven, on the stovetop, grill, or even over a campfire flame, making it essential multi-use cookware for your kitchen.
- EVEN COOKING - This 14” wok features a flat bottom and wide handles, to provide the perfect shape for evenly cooking veggies, meats, noodles, and more. Create delicious stir-fries in your very own home with this versatile kitchen essential!
- GREAT GIFT - This long-lasting and convenient multi-purpose wok is an excellent gift for birthdays, holidays, weddings, housewarmings, or any occasion. Your foodie friends and family will love this cast iron pan!
- PRODUCT DETAILS - Material: cast iron. Dimensions: Diameter-14”x Length (including handles)-17”x Height-3.75”. To avoid rust, make sure to dry your cast iron completely after washing. Re-oil and re-season as needed.
- Ready to Use - Heavy Duty Cast Iron Wok (9 lbs) has been pre-seasoned and is ready to use right out of the box. Note: Wooden handle must be removed if used in the oven.
- Heat Retention - Cast Iron Wok is perfect for retaining heat while cooking, so great for those quick stir fry recipes.
- Beautiful Wooden Handle and Lid - Large convenient wooden handle. Most woks don't have lids, but this one comes with a unique wooden lid that keeps food warm until ready to serve.
- Multiple Cooking Surfaces - The flat bottom makes it great for gas and electric stove tops and even outdoor grills.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Kasian House guarantees all of their products.
- Large loop handles for easy handling. Cast iron wok is perfect for retaining heat while cooking, so great for those quick stir fry recipes. If you are not to use it for a long time, please restore it with oil.
- The classic stir fry cooking wok comes pre-seasoned to prevent the cookware from rusting while it sits on store shelves or in the warehouse, but it is better to pre-seasoned again.
- Our stir-fry cast iron wok comes with a wooden lid to allow you to cook, simmer, fry, stir-fry, or even steam many dishes as well as soups and stews. The wooden lid is made to fit perfectly on the wok and prevents spatter on the kitchen counter.
- WUWEOT 14-In pan features a scratch-resistant coating that is super easy to clean. Wash with clean water, dry over low heat, and then apply some oil for a long-lasting non-stick coating effect.
- Use with confidence on all cooking surfaces, such as gas, electric, induction, oven, broiler, grill and even the camp, a campfire, or the fire pit.
The Best Cast Iron Woks: A Guide to Buying
Quality woks are essential for traditional Chinese cooking. Cast iron isn’t the most common wok material but it does produce amazing results. We recommend that you add a cast-iron wok to any cooking repertoire.
Cast iron is sturdy and can last a lifetime, provided it is properly looked after. The nonstick coating cast iron gets can be avoided by seasoning. Cast iron is a fantastic way to increase your iron intake.
Which cast iron wok should you purchase? What size wok do you want? Is a lid necessary? This shopping guide answers all your questions, and will direct you to the most cast iron woks for your kitchen.
While traditional round-bottom woks can be found in the kitchen, many cast iron models come with flat bottoms. These are great for all types of stoves and provide excellent results.
Although woks come in many materials these days, the classic model of uncoated stainless steel remains the most common. It heats fast, transmits heat efficiently, forms its own nonstick coating and it is the most cost-effective to make (and thus, buy).
Steel made of carbon is still a great choice for construction.
Cast iron is another choice thanks to its exceptional heat retention, conductivity and strength. When seasoning and maintaining it properly, however.
For cast iron as well as carbon steel, it is not recommended to wash with soap and water. It may cause the seasonings to become dull.
For stir-frying, stainless steel can be used with either a triply or a disc bottom. You won’t get the same wokhei from the heritage materials but the dishes will still be great. It won’t even be difficult to clean.
There are many other materials you can choose from, including anodized aluminium, electric and ceramic coated cast Iron, as well as those with Teflon, or other nonstick surface treatment.
These nonstick materials can release harmful chemicals at high temperatures and may not be suitable for use in conjunction with metal utensils. Ceramic coatings also have the potential to chip or crack.
Woks Made of Stainless Steel
The advantages of stainless steel woks are numerous. They can also be used to make acidic or vinegary foods such as our Sweet and Pungent Pork Orange Chicken, one of Judy’s favorite recipes. Wash your wok by hand. You do not need to warm it to dry and coat it in oil, as you would with cast iron and carbon steel woks. Use a sponge to clean it after every use.
What are the downsides? Be careful not to burn food, as these woks transfer heat quickly. You’ll need to clean these hot spots from your pan. Stainless steel woks also won’t have that seasoned non-stick surface, so food is prone to sticking to them.
A major advantage of stainless steel are their non-reactive properties. Therefore, stainless steel works well in cooking acidsic dishes such as sweet and sour chicken or any other dish that uses vinegar or tomatoes.
I also like using this stainless steel wok for steaming since it has a nice glass cover and won’t rust from prolonged steaming. After steaming, carbon steel woks must be cleaned and oiled. A shallow steamer rack on the bottom of your wok is all you will need to put your heatproof plate. You can also use a bamboo or stainless steel steamer depending on the type of food you’re making. Check out our article on How to Setup Steamers Cuisinart Stainless Steel Wok. Included is a glasstop.
Below you will see a photo of the Cuisinart stainless Steel wok. Notice how there’s oil residue left after cooking. It can be difficult to remove this residue. A heavy duty scouring pads can be used to scratch the surface.
It’s unlikely that your stainless steel wok will ever shine like you imagined. This is probably one of the least used cooking vessels in our kitchen (we have many).
While stainless steel may not be the most suitable for stir-frying (in other words, you should keep yours!) It is good for stewing and braising.
8 Best Woks, According To Kitchen Experts And Reviewers
For so much more than just stir fry.
Amazon Getty Images Woks can be traced back to roughly 2,000 years ago, when they were made in China by the Han Dynasty. Chinese words for wok are “cookingpot” or “cooking vessel”. The pans can also be used for various cooking tasks. Woks are most commonly used to make stir-fries, but any food with a consistent heat source and large cooking surface can be made in a wok. A wok can be used to cook any type of food. Woks are great for cooking in a wok.
Traditional woks have round bottoms with smooth edges. This makes them ideal for quickly heating over small flames. They often have handles with long lengths that can be used to shake the wok during cooking. Modern styles have lids to help steam and finish the food. Although most woks can be made from carbon steel, some woks come in non-stick, cast iron, aluminum, electrical, or stainless steel options.
Good Housekeeping Institute Kitchen Appliances Lab experts compiled a list of the most popular woks, based on reviews from users and the brands we love. We also consulted our expertise about cooking tools. We chose an assorted variety to catering to every type of chef, from the novice home cook to the professional. These woks can be cleaned easily and are flat-bottomed so that they can fit on any standard stovetop. We have selected the top woks.
Three of the Best Cast Iron Woks
Products we recommend are products that we enjoy and we believe you’ll love. This article was created by the Commerce team. We might receive some sales.
Anne Loreto Cruz
You can cook vegetables on the grill, or make stir-frys on the stovetop with a cast iron wok. It is durable enough to handle a range of cooking jobs.
“>best cast iron woks
have a flat bottom to keep them steady on almost any cooktop and come pre-seasoned so you can start cooking right away.
Pre-seasoned cast metal woks will reduce elbow grease and make the wok easier to use. If you choose an enameled, porcelain-finished cast-iron wok, then you won’t have to worry about seasoning. This makes it a wonderful choice for those who love low-maintenance cookingware.
The bottom of traditional woks is usually rounded. However, a cast-iron wok’s bottom will be flat to better support the weight and allow for a wider range of cooking surfaces. Cast iron woks with a flat bottom will work well on gas and induction stovetops, as well as campfires, grills, and other cooking surfaces. Flat surfaces will prevent woks from rocking so they won’t fall of your cooking surface.
Another feature to consider when shopping for a cast iron wok is its size. Cast iron woks weigh more than those made of carbon steel. They are lighter and easier to handle with one hand. Many cast iron woks are about 14 inches in diameter, which is a versatile size that works well for searing steaks or tossing stir frys, but you can also find compact 10-inch woks that are better for small kitchens and tend to be more lightweight.
These are the Best Woks According to Chefs and Cookware Experts
Photo-Illustration: Getty/Getty Images/Eye. Although the wok seems like a very specialized piece, it can be used to make stir-fries. Although it’s the ultimate in stir-frying, the wok can be used to cook fish or stews. It even makes popcorn for movie night! Woks retain and conduct high temperatures which allows them to quickly and seamlessly cook large quantities. Brandon Jew is a chef at Mister Jiu’s San Francisco. The whole process takes a lot of time. To find out which woks are best for what kind of meals, we asked Grace Young, one of the top stir-fry experts and a chef, about her favorite woks. Young states that you can find woks in cast iron or anodized aluminum. Young says that she prefers carbon steel for its ability to sear ingredients with precision and give stir-fries that mysterious, smokey essence sought after by Chinese gourmands. (She is not the only person who has a preference for this particular material. Nearly every single wok in this list is made out of carbon steel. Here are our experts’ picks for the best woks for nearly any situation.
What is the Best Wok Material?
Isn’t every wok the same thing? It’s not true. No. We chose to test carbon steel woks for the purpose of this testing. This is because it is what is used traditionally to make woks. It is important that you are familiar with the various types of woks available to help you choose the best one.
Carbon steel: The most popular material for wok manufacturing, it is also the one most loved by wok lovers. Carbon steel is lightweight and durable and heats quickly and evenly. For these reasons, we decided to focus our testing on carbon steel woks. It does require seasoning and careful cleaning – more on that below.
Cast Iron: No surprise to anyone, cast iron woks are heavy. These woks retain heat very well and are capable of surviving extremely high temperatures. Cast iron has a major drawback: it is slow to adapt to heat changes. It also needs seasoning, just like carbon-steel.
Cast iron woks make the most sense for outdoor cooking. Marianne found the Lodge Cast Iron Wok to be very reliable, despite our focus on carbon steel. However, a wok spatula can help you to lift heavy cast iron.
Stainless Steel: Stainless steel woks are gaining traction for their even heat distribution and retention. They don’t require seasoning which can be a big advantage for those who are new to woks. A stainless steel wok cannot have a nonstick finish so some food may not stick. Marianne, a cook who is looking to purchase a stainless steel Wok, found that the Cooks Standard model was very reliable and kept the temperature high throughout.
Nonstick is great for beginning cooks. It’s simple to clean and does not require any seasoning. However, you’re not going to get the same sear on meats and veggies as you would with other woks, because the nonstick coatings cannot be heated as high. For these reasons, we didn’t include any nonstick woks in our testing.
.Best Cast Iron Woks